Monday, February 11, 2013

An Acceptance Week

We are at the beginning of the third week of my series of seven weeks focusing on the themes of Attention and Interpretation Therapy as developed by Dr. Amit Sood of Mayo Clinic. Week one was Monday's theme of gratitude. Week two was Tuesday's theme of compassion. Week three is Wednesday's theme of acceptance.

Acceptance- like gratitude- is one of the foundations of 12-Step based recovery. So I look forward every week to Wednesday. It gives me an opportunity again to deepen and broaden my recovery by finding more ways to live a life of acceptance.

I start the week, then with a quote as is my usual Monday practice. It is a quote that sets the foundation of acceptance- non-judgmental attitude. Use it to meditate upon the theme of the week:

Acceptance is not love. You love a person because he or she has lovable traits, but you accept everybody just because they're alive and human.
--Albert Ellis

No comments: