Saturday, August 08, 2015

Speaking of Music

Well, yes, I was talking about music yesterday. So I thought I would post today on one of the music icons of the last half century: Jerry Garcia.

Tomorrow marks the 20th anniversary of his death. (Can you believe 20 years?) A few weeks ago the Grateful Dead had their final concerts as a 50-year reunion. (Can you believe 50 years?)

Time now to just enjoy  the music and the memories.

Here are two of the songs that made them famous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the same story the crow told me; it's the only one he knows
Like the morning sun you come and like the wind you go
Ain't no time to hate, barely time to wait
Wo, oh, what I want to know, where does the time go



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes the lights all shining on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been.

Truckin', I'm a-goin' home.
whoa whoa baby, back where I belong,
Back home, sit down and patch my bones,
and get back truckin' on.
Hey now get back truckin' home.



No comments: